29/05 - Corfu Sights & Wine Tasting
Architecture, Cultural, Religious, Wine Tasting, Olive Oil
Sightseeing, Interests visits
Half Day (4 hours)
Our leisurely tour begins with a scenic drive through the lush green countryside to Theotokis winery, situated in the fertile Ropa Valley and owned by one of the oldest families on the island is the Theotoki Estate. The estate produce some of the best wine of the island as well as the most sought after olive oil.
Experience the production process for both the wine and olive oil followed by a sampling of the wine with some local made cheese, fresh bread, olive oil and olives grown on the estate. At the end of your visit there will be the opportunity to purchase the wines and olive oil from the estate.
Finally, you will return to your coach that will take you back you to Corfu Town, where you will continue your tour on foot. You will have time to visit the church of the island’s patron Saint Spyridon, to view the church as well as an important collection of icons and its distinctive bell tower.
You will then walk along the narrow streets of the town, beneath the picturesque balconies and archways and past the Town Hall and elegance Liston with the cricket pitch, which is still used today. Before returning to the bus, you will have free time for shopping souvenirs and explore the beautiful old town.
See: Several Traditional Villages & Countryside along the route, Paleokastritsa, Saint Spyridon Church, 14th century Venetian Old Fortress, Dimarcheio or Town Hall, Palace of St Michael and St George, Old Port, New Venetian Fortress
Visit: Theotoki Estate (winery), Esplanade Square, Liston, a walk through the old quarter, along narrow cobblestone streets known as Kantounia, and pass the historic cricket ground
- Entrance fees at Winery and guided tour of wine & oil olive demonstration
- Small buffet at Winery
- Transportation by deluxe, air-conditioned vehicle, late-model (bus, minibus or taxi, according to your group’s size)
- Professional driver
- Insurance cover during transfers by vehicle
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- All taxes
- Mobile contact number for any emergency, available 24/7
|10:00||30 min||Depart port, drive to the Winery|
|10:30||60 min||Visit Theotoki Estate (winery)|
|11:30||30 min||Depart Ropa Valley, drive to Corfu Town|
|13:20||100 min||Free time for shopping and explore Corfu Town|
|13:40||20 min||Return to Kanoni|
* Tour order may vary
- Please remember that the excursions are organized during the conference time for accompanying persons only
- Appropriate clothing should be worn in places of worship in St Spyridon Church if you want to visit it
- This tour will include a brief stop outside the Church of St Spyridon, the island Patron Saint, to view the church and its distinctive bell tower. Photos and video cameras are not permitted in the Church of St. Spyridon
- There are cobblestones in old Corfu Town