AUTEX is the Association of Universities for Textiles, which brings together prestigious universities in the field of the textile industry from all over the world. It was founded in 1994, and currently has 39 active members from 28 countries. There are 2 types of memberships, full members and associate members.
AUTEX objectives are:
- To promote the activities and achievements of the member Universities on a European and Global stage.
- To facilitate co-operation in the development and delivery of high level taught courses and teaching materials amongst member Universities.
- To encourage student and staff mobility and networking amongst member Universities and invited partners.
- To facilitate the growth of active research partnerships amongst member Universities and invited partners.
- To organize annual symposia to disseminate cutting-edge issues to textile professionals and students.
- To facilitate co-operation amongst members in high level textile education and research
Every year a different member of the AUTEX is organizing the association’s conference, starting from 2000. The AUTEX Conference is one of the most important scientific events in the field of textiles aimed to bring together leading researchers, experts, students and people from the industry from all over the world to share their knowledge and exchange scientific ideas.
The Organizing and Scientific Committees would like to highlight the importance of the AUTEX Conference as a textile platform offering the participants to present and discuss the most recent research investigations, new perspectives and future directions.
The 17th AUTEX Conference will be organized and held by the PUAS (Piraeus University of Applied Sciences) - Department of Textile Engineering on Corfu island, Greece, during 29 – 31 of May 2017.